Community Service Projects
Rotary is a global network of 1.2 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves. Solving real problems takes real commitment and vision. For more than 110 years, Rotary’s people of action have used their passion, energy, and intelligence to take action on sustainable projects. From literacy and peace to water and health, we are always working to better our world, and we stay committed to the end.
Rotary Club of Maraval
Project Listing at a Glance:
- La Sieva RC School – Music programme, support for the students who do well at their SEA exam.
- Rampanalgas RC School – counseling, assistance with teaching resources, literacy programme (click here to view photos).
- Cricket Academy – using cricket as a mechanism for youth to grow and develop their skills starting with primary schools in the Maraval area (click here to view photos).
- Partnership with the Ministry of Health in a youth HIV/AIDS initiative.
- St Crispin’s and St Andrew’s Homes programmes which engage the elderly.
- Servol St Ann’s/Cascade Vocational Centre gardening programme and culinary classes (click here to view photos).
- The Shelter a Haven for battered women and children support counselling.
- Maximum Security Prison – facilitate vision testing for inmates and support rehabilitation programmes that allow for the inmates to learn new talents and showcase those they already have as a mean of giving back to society
- Tidy T&T participation in sustainable tree planting and school gardening projects.
- World Affairs Seminar secondary school essay competition (Form 6 Students) to attend conference at Carroll University, Wisconsin, USA.
Rotary Club of Port of Spain
The Club’s primary focus through the years has been to provide financial and organizational support to institutions responsible for the welfare of differently-abled and disadvantaged children, within but not limited to Port-of-Spain and its environs. It continuously strives to raise funds to assist a range of institutions and organizations – among them the Princess Elizabeth Centre, Goodwill Industries International, ESHE’S Learning Centre, the Mt. Hope Children’s Hospital and the Gordon Home for the Aged – most of which mirror the Club’s effort to maintain the overall welfare of children in T&T.
Other Rotary Club of Port of Spain projects include:
- International Institute for Healthcare & Human Development
- Sea Lots Children’s Learning & Activity Centre
- Wheelchair Distribution Initiative
- Princess Elizabeth Children’s Dental Clinic
- Princess Elizabeth Children’s Orthopedic Centre
- Annual District Games
- Annual Children’s Christmas Cheers
- Annual Kids Fun Day